Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Is it legal to make a gun? I want to make a .22 single shot gun out of a pen. My friend said this is illegal.?

Is it? I have made one before, but I want to make a nice one that can be reused and will be made safer. Anyone ever done anything like this before? Do I need to register it with the ATF? I do not want to do anything illegal so please let me know what you know. Thanks.
Answer:
probably illegal --- Hand held, single shot, firearm - Patent 4411086A single-shot, hand-held firearm for use with a cartridge having a primer, includes a body holding one end of a barrel in which a cartridge is secured.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4411086... -
Tardy
Yes, a pen gun is not a legal weapon to own, just as a sawed off shotgun isn't legal to own.

You're going to haveto stop making your little guns, and theoreticaly you either turn over the one you made or destroy it, it's just not legal. That being said, if you just have it on display and not operational I guess you can keep it...

Don't listen to these guys who tell you it's okay to make an illegal weapon. The ATF will not show you any leniency if you plead ignorance, so you have been forewarned.
I am not sure if it is legal, but I would like to try to make one also. So if you can e-mail me some directions on how to make one. ......Thanks.
i think you can make almost anything, u may not be able to get it outside ur house but besides Weapons of Mass Destruction and plaugues, i think you can do what you want
It's only illegal if you get caught, but in actuality to make it I don't think it is illegal but will be illegal if it doesn't meet state requirements such as barrel lenght and if you carry it without a FOID Card or if you conceal the gun.
NO!!! This is America you are free 2 do what you please ;-)
If it is for your own private use, yes. If you make it and sell it you may be violating many laws.
WHY THE **** WOULD YOU MAKE A GUN??
Your friend gave you good advice, if I were you I would heed his warning..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net