Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Is it legal to say something in your own home if you whisper? if it makes one feel uncomfortable?


Answer:
You can say anything you want in your own home. As long as your not yelling out the window vulgarities at people. Peace.
Well I am pretty sure its legal but I guess it depends on your house rules
If I'm in my own house, then I'll say whatever the hell I feel like. lol

Are you thinking like a Big Brother mentality? That the gov't is always listening in and taking notes?

I think our gov't is too lazy to do that for the general public. lol We don't pay them enough.

But if I'm getting this wrong, please tell me what you really mean then.
The Congress is considering a law that only allows you to smoke, drive an SUV, eat red meat or insult others while in your bathroom with the lights out and doors closed.
No, people's feelings are more important than your First Amendment Right to free speech. You can speak freely if you do not use racial slurs, profanity, gender bias statements, speak out against same gender relationships, have your own thoughts or opinions, or it in any way is progressive, true, or of benefit to all people. So exercise your first amendment rights but when whispering be careful as it is the first sign of something good and that will be frowned upon and could lead to you being the next headline story if there is enough money in it.
No law can limit what you say in your own home. Freedom of speech is granted to everyone. But if you say something that makes another person uncomfortable, then out of politness refrain from saying it. Just until that person leaves. Then say what you will. Go by this old saying : Treat others the way you would like to be treated. If someone you know refrains from saying something that would make you uncomfortable then return the favor.
It is legal to say whatever you want, anywhere you want.
It depends. There are factors that would qualify your utterance and place it in perspective. For example, are you alone? Do you intend to harm someone else, are you conspiring to commit a crime? Mens rea? , actus reas? (I forgot the spellings and I am drunk) . Did you utter something that is against the law - e.g. I would like to kill all the n....rs, k..kes, pa........ etc and someone heard you? I guess it depends on what your intensions are!!!
Is it legal to use the bathroom in your own home. Same thing.
If it makes someone uncomfortable why would you want to say it. I think if you have to ask, then your questioning your own judgement. So if you ask me, don't say it, don't even whisper it, keep the thoughts to yourself and nobody is offended.
If you are harassing them or abusing them then no it is not legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net