Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is it legal in the U.S. to induce your child with truth serum?

or is it even possible?
Answer:
No, unfortunately. Nor is it legal in the US to do anything about it when you catch them in a lie. And they wonder why our prisons are overcrowded. So here's an alternative: Use this chart to determine if your child is lying:
Age 1-4 with no older siblings- not likely at all to be lying.
Age 3(with older siblings) or 4-10- trust, but verify.
Age10-14- They are lying. Restrict priveleges immediately.
Age 14-19 Trust but verify. Probably being truthful, but will occassionally lie when cornered or scared, or just before major social events that they don't want to be restricted from attending.

Good luck.
you must be a republican....

Thats horrible, if you were a good parent you would know what they were up to without poisining them
Administering a noxious substance might land you behind bars. Also posession of a controlled substance. Endangering the welfare of a child........I could go on but I have the feeling that you're not really considering harming your little one.

All kids lie sometimes about silly things too......keep gently talking to him/her and don't give up....the truth will come up eventually.
You must be a Democrat to want to do something so illegal
I guess if the person is in the Gestapo...it would be OK.
Most of the "truth serums" are controlled substances; unless you are permitted by the DEA to possess and dispense these drugs you%26#92;they could face criminal charges just for possessing them.
call social services it is the best thing you can do..
as far as a truth serum i have never heard of one except on magic shows
If the child had some kind of surgery, he may be given sodium pentethal, which is truth sermum. And you may find out more than you ever wanted to know. I wish my middle age children would stop confessing to me. I had believed I had been a good parent. Oh well, what can you do 40 years later.

I had oral surgery and was given this drug. Apparently, my husband ask me some questions while I was in recovery. When I fully regained consciousness, he was laughing. Whenever I asked him what I said he would just smile. I suppose I will never know.

At one time I was at a neighbor's house right after she had oral surgery. She told me the whole story of her life. Things I really didn't want to know. Never mind. Her secrets are safe with me. As a matter of fact I don't even remember. Today people tell them openly.

Sorry for digressing. I doubt a parent could get a doctor to administer this drug unless it was, maybe, a matter of life or death. Just look the kid in the eyes you can usually tell if they're lying, of course, unless the kid is a sociopath. So why is the kid so afraid. He should call their bluff and say "Where do we go to get this test?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net