Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is it legal to be charged for the same service twice,?

If your council tax money is paying for a service, can you also be charged separately for the same service?
Answer:
if your talking about water rates yes you can, they charge you for bringing it and then another charge for taking it away
i am curious about that myself actually... I have enormous Council Tax and on top of that service charges. I believe it is wrong but Council will never accept that. They send financial report about where money are going to and service charges are not there. Council Tax cover schools, roads, local authorities ext and service charges are to pay people who are doing nothing twice a week in my area
Yes, your taxes go to a variety of things. For instance my rates (local council taxes) go towards garbage collection, water, council activities, recreation centres and so on. However my taxes only SUBSIDIZE the cost of use. For instance I still have to pay for water, but I pay less than I would if I didn't pay rates. Or my taxes went towards the building of a new rec centre but I still have to pay to use the facilities...is that your question?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net